Friday, January 21, 2011

Number 1 Asia Finest Restaurant

Singapore, 17 January 2011



This was a day I needed to go to the Best Asia Finest Restaurant, Iggy’s, to do justice on several events. They were my belated birthday, my new career after Chinese New Year, the completion of my master course and getting my Chinese New Year bonus. Iggy’s is located at the third floor of Hilton Hotel at Orchard Road.

The decoration in Iggy’s was contemporary.  Black was the main colour, which represented high class. There was a counter where the diners could see inside the kitchen where the chefs are working. It is almost like eating on a chef table. The dining experience in Iggy’s is absolutely amazing.

The first dish was the complimentary appetizer. It consisted of monkfish, caviar and other fresh ingredients. The ingredients were compliment to each other. It was absolutely delicious. The sourdough bread was also served with salted butter.

The second dish was Duck with Yukon Gold Potato, Mache, and Alba Black Truffle. The presentation looked fantastic and luxurious with potato, mache and truffle. The truffle worked well with potato to bring out the earthly flavour and nutty texture of the truffle. The duck skins were very crispy. The duck comfits are a bit salty without any side dish. However they went well with potato, mache or truffle and make this dish absolutely delicious in my humble opinion.

The third dish was Gnocchi with Truffle Salsa and Egg. This dish was absolutely luxurious. Truffle was quite compatible with Egg, and they were one of the great pairings of French gastronomy. Gnocchi is an Italian small dumpling and is made of potato usually. The dish was very savory because pancetta was also added to this dish.

The fourth dish was Wagyu Striploin with Carrot, Leek and Rosemary. The Striploin was moist, well seasoned and dense with flavours. It could be aged for several weeks. This dish was absolutely delicious.

The fifth dish was the dessert, Chocolate with Cinnamon, Mandarin and Vanilla. The dessert was absolutely delicious and it was the best way to end the prefect and luxurious meal.

The service was great, and the Maître D and the waiters were very helpful and attentive throughout the lunch service. I had a great dining experience in Iggy’s. Later on I dropped my camera cover on the floor and I did not notice I dropped it even I left Iggy’s. The waiter picked it up for me and called me through my mobile phone to ask me to return and pick my camera cover just before I left Hilton Hotel. I guess this is what makes them the Asia Finest Restaurant by taking over the first position from Joel Rubuchon’s L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon.

I will definitely return to Iggy’s.

This is what I think in front of the kitchen: The chefs were working with heart and passion, using the best ingredients to satisfy their customers. There were times they made mistake and reprimanded by the head chef. But they never gave up; they bounced back and finished their services.

Relationship applies the same principle; you give all the best to the one you like. It may not work out but at least you try and no regret to make a move.

Iggy's Restaurant

The Hilton, Level 3
581 Orchard Road
Singapore 238883

Tel:+65 67322234

www.iggys.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment