Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bak Kut Teh, Jinn Liong's style

All of the girls I like say something in common. That is "JL, you are a good man. You are highly educated and you good in photography and know how to cook. You can find a girl better and pretty than me. We shall be friends".  I am asking myself "Am I really that good? If I am really that good, how come they say this to me?" That is so illogical. And relationship is illogical. A certain scottish gourmet told me if a mathematician can come out love in a equation, he is the richest man in the world. Don't you all agree with him?

What I really hate is some girls do not make an effort to try. Their excuses are also the same, that is " I do not have feeling with you." Honestly I feel the same way to them. But I am willing to make an effort to search the "feel" with them. I think I have more good qualities than what they think, I just need the time and chance to prove to them I am the One. In fact no feeling is better than bad feeling. Don't you agree with me?

My colleagues are telling me that I talked more to a married woman than a single lady. They think I am not the One for those single ladies because the good qualities what I had are more for ladies who really want to settle down. They also think that divorcees could make a better choice for me because since they failed in their marriage, they knew what they want from their marriage and I have better chances with them of my good qualities. I am not the "bad" boy whom the single ladies love. I think I must agree with my colleagues. 

I think I am a filial son to my parents, a good uncle to my lovable niece, a good younger brother of my sister and brother-in-law and a extremely good elder brothers of my younger sister and brother. My education level is now Master, I think I have a good career in my new company. I know photography and cooks. I take good care of the girls I love, especially to my former girlfriend. 

She is an author, a teacher and a undergraduate. During my times with her we went through thick and thin. I know she wanted to teach tuition, but whenever it rained, she was drenched before getting a bus or cab. I worked very hard to buy a car for her to go to the tuition center to teach. I arranged gathering with my friends and colleagues so that she knew who I contacted to, and at the same time expand her social circles. I brought her lunch and dinner after my lesson so that she would not skip meals. She encouraged me not to give up when I could not get a job after I graduated in NTU. She bought me lunch and dinner because she knew that I could not afford to pay the meals at the moments. She was absolutely such a lovely girl. Till now I always remember the bad time we gone through because those time was the sweetest of all.

I am not prefect too. I am a perfectionist and I am hot temper. She knew it and she did not complain. I really grateful to her. Things turned 180 degree change when I was in US for project for 7 months. Distance maybe be one of the reason we broke. I could be fault too. I never paid attention to her she really wanted. She just wanted me to beside her, yet I could not do so. What I gave to her were not what she really wanted. I think I really failed as her boyfriend. Jay Zhou's "ζˆ‘δΈι…“ could describe my feeling to her now.

I must admit that I am not a good boyfriend in the past , now and probably in the future. I think I do have the qualities to become a good husband and a good father. But I know if there is a girl  who I really interested in, I will make her happy when we are together. She is lovely, pretty, adorable, kind and filial to her parents. When she was feeling upset about her work, I will send her flowers. I will push myself to work harder so that we could meet the project milestone and she could answer to the customers. I tried not to chat with her in the office because I did not want others to think that she was using me. That was why I choose to tell her I was interested in her after I tendered my resignation letter. Too bad she had either someone she really like or she did not have feeling with me. Honestly I was disappointed in her answer.  Did she really appreciate what I do to her? I am quite sad but I have to move on.

I decided to stop cooking for the time being till I really can move on. Cooks need heart and passion to cook a absolutely delicious meal. Now I am exhausted and I have to use my remaining heart, passion and creativity to cook this dish. I must prove to them that it is their loss for not appreciating a good man like me. Yes, this is Bak Kut Teh which I had recreated a moment ago. I apply western cooking techniques to retain the meat juice in the ribs and chinese cooking techniques for the tasty soup. This creates a big Wow factor in this dish. This East-West fusion is awesome. I enjoy eating the tender meat and the soup together. The meat juice is well-retained in the meat. The parsley and the soup created a contrast yet a balance in flavours between them. The carrots have the earthly flavour that is complement to the mushrooms, pork ribs and the soup as well. The dish is absolutely delicious, the best I created so far. The colour of the dish is beautiful and amazing as well. This dish is almost prefect, just that the meat of the ribs are not fall-off-the-bones tender. I could simmer the ribs a hour longer to create this kind of tenderness, but the meat juice will lost in the soup. I guess I have to experiment with the timing to create the effect I wants, only after I am able to move on. Nevertheless, the pork ribs are well seasoned and they are absolutely delicious.

The next post will be on Asia Finest Restaurant, Iggy's, in Singapore, where I celebrated my completion of my Master course and a new start in my new company.

No comments:

Post a Comment