Sunday, August 14, 2011

Michelin guides me in Hong Kong: Nanhai Number 1 *

Nanhai Number 1, 24 June 2011

This Chinese contemporary Michelin-One-Star restaurant is considered as Number 1 very easily. There are several reasons behind this.

1. The cuisine of this restaurant is inspired by cuisine at coast areas around China and South China Sea.


2. It serves fantastic seafoods.

3. It serves modern 21st century cuisines with strong Cantonese element. That is why Nanhai Number 1 deserves a Michelin Star.

4. It has Eyebar which the diners can go for drink after their dinner. They can drink and enjoy the night scenery of Central and Victoria Harbour from the top of iSquare.

5. The cuisine the restaurant served are absolutely delicious.


The dining experience is great. Friendly and helpful waitresses and waiters. The decor is modern 21st century and with very nice view of Victoria Harbour and Central. The price is affordable. It is a great place to dine in with family. But I recommend to make reservation beforehand. This restaurant is very popular and always packed of diners.

My first appetizer is Pan Seared Scallop with Eggplant. This is more a French cuisine than Chinese cuisine. I guess you can call it a Chinese dish because the oyster sauce is just around it. The fresh scallop is seared perfectly, the seasoning is perfect and it is delicious.

My second starter is Fried Tofu with Oyster Sauce. An ordinary dish and yet taste very delicious and I like to enjoy this dish with steamed rice.




My entree is Kurobuta Pork with Soy Sauce. It is one of the few species of pig that has heavily marbling meat, other than Tokyo-X. My pork is well seasoned, cook perfectly, very tender yet so juicy and it is absolutely delicious.

Last but not least is my dessert, Chrysanthemum Jelly and Almond Tofu Pudding. It is light and tasty. Another perfect way to end my dinner.

I strongly recommend to my readers to dine in to this restaurant if they have a chance to go to Hong Kong. I will definitely bring my family there for dinner.

Address: 30F, iSquare, 63 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: 2487 3688

No comments:

Post a Comment