Sunday, August 14, 2011

Michelin guides me in Hong Kong: Cafe Gray Deluxe *

Cafe Gary Deluxe, 25 June 2011

Cafe Gary Deluxe is a restaurant served European Contemporary cuisine. This restaurant has mixed reviews. Despite this, Chef Gray Kunz earns his Michelin Star. The decor is 21st modern century and diners are able to enjoy the Victoria Harbour while dining there. However the restaurant is noisy. I did not personally enjoy my brunch due to the noise from other diners. Service is good but can be better. The price is mediocre. I think Chef Kunz is a Singaporean. I personally think that he is a talented chef and his cuisine represents 21st modern century European cuisine with Asia elements, and I decided to drop by his restaurant for my brunch.

I ordered Trout and Cucumber Salad Calamansi Vinaigrette. First impression of this dish: artistic. The trout steaks were poached, they were tender, juicy, well seasoned and very tasty. The tomato chutney, the cucumber salad and calamansi vinaigrette made the dish more vibrant and full of flavour. It was delicious. There was a bowl of Star Anise Steamed Rice came with the dish. The rice was full of star anise flavour and yet not over powering. This steam rice was absolutely delicious and really complement with the trout. The feeling of the overall dish was like I stayed in Switzerland, having the local cuisine and it reminded me of home. I must really give my thumb up to Chef Kunz.

I ordered a dish for this eat-venture because I needed to have some space in my stomach for my feast at one of the best restaurant in Asia. I will be back to Cafe Gray Deluxe for my next trip to Hong Kong to taste Chef Kunz's artistic creations.


Address: 49F, The Upper House Hotel, Pacific Place (just beside JW Marriott Hotel), 88 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong.

Tel: 3968 1106

No comments:

Post a Comment