Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Michelin guides me in Hong Kong: Dragon Inn

Dragon Inn, 22 June 2011


Finally I have the opportunity to come to Hong Kong for my culinary tour. I work hard, play hard and eat hard. Hong Kong is famous for dim sum, seafood, Cantonese cuisine and French cuisine.  Michelin Guide is the best way to get around in Hong Kong for my eat-venture. And because I always held my Michelin Guide, many pretty "Hongkongese" ladies recognized I am a foreigner and they were willing to show me the way to my destinations. We exchanges emails and contacts and right now we are keep in touch with each other.


This was my first taste in Michelin restaurant is the Dragon Inn. Due to its unique architecture, many drama series and movies were filmed there. Right now the restaurant was in this building for more than 60 years. I needed to find out whether this restaurant did justice to seafood cuisine.


How do the local have their seafood feast in a restaurant? First go the the seafood store and get their live favorite seafood. Second go to Dragon Inn and ask the chefs cook the seafood that do justice to them. Thirdly enjoy the seafood with a glass of white wine and say "absolutely delicious".

Dragon Inn has the most amazing Steamed Abalone with Fish Sauce, Steamed Glutinous Rice with Gross Crab and Minced Garlic, Razor Clams with Black Beans and Chili, and Baked Baby Lobster with Cheese. I really enjoyed the dished very much.

Address: Castle Peak Road, Miles 19, Tuen Mun, New Territories.
Tel: 24506366











No comments:

Post a Comment