Friday, August 20, 2010

Tony Roma, Singapore

30 July 2010

My good friend, BC, called me on the evening of 29 July 2010. He wanted me to teach him photography the next morning. He had bought a new Canon 550D and was eager to improve his shot. He even intended to setup a photography club in his school. I glad that more and more people were influenced by me and took up photography as their hobby. ”Ok lah, see you tomorrow morning” I said.

That day was raining like cats and dogs. Again Orchard was flooded. Could it be the blockage in the drainage system as claimed by the related authority? Could it be due to global warming? Could it be due to the Marina Barrage prevent excess rainwater to flow out to the sea? We will know soon or later.

BC and I shot in the Esplanade, and also under the Nicole Highway. We decided to pay a visit to Marina Bay Sand, the second integrated resort in Singapore. The buildings were cool looking. The three buildings of MBS were linked by the swimming pools at the highest floor of the buildings. I will definitely go there and stay a few nights if I am Mr. Rich. Too bad I am not.

BC, Mr Stingy, was a former colleague of mine. It was hard to meet him up for dinner since we were working in different location.  It was even uncommon for him to ask me out to shoot around. We needed to find a restaurant for lunch to justify this occasion. So I decided to bring Mr Stingy to Tony Roma in Suntec City since Mr Stingy was a pork lover too.

Tony Roma, an restaurant specialized in baby back ribs, is rated second in the BBQ ribs at HungryGoWhere.com. I guess Tony Roma, North Border Bar and Grill, and Chili’s Grill and Bar are the restaurants in Singapore do justice to the baby back ribs. Tony Roma, and North Border Bar and Grill barbequed their ribs and braised them in the sauces so that they are melt-in-mouth tender. Chili’s Grill and Bar cooked the ribs in another way. The cooks marinated their ribs first and then barbequed the ribs. They are dry but tasty. They are definitely not melt-in-mouth tender, but they are fall-off-the-bone tender. Which methods of cooking the ribs do you like? Your choice, folks.

The first dish we ordered was the onion loaf. The onions were hand-cut into big pieces and were deep-fried. The thousand-island sauce was placed on top the loaf. The presentation of this dish is beautiful. BC wanted to shoot the dish before it was “destroyed”. The cooks did not manipulate the taste of the onions. I could taste the natural sweetness of the onion. The dish was appetizing. High recommended!

The main dish was baby back ribs. It was tasty and was melt-in-mouth tender. It was so good. BC and I loved it very much. Extremely, highly recommended!!!

I wrote 2 reviews about baby back ribs continuously. I know I know folks. Stop complaining. I promise all of you I will not do any reviews of Baby Back Ribs for the time being and I will look for French cuisine for my next review. See ya!!!

Address

442 Orchard Road #01-04/05
Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade
Singapore 238879
Tel: (65) 6738 8600
Fax (65) 6738 8791

Operating Hours:
11.30am to 11.00pm

3 Temasek Boulevard #B1-007
Suntec City Mall
Singapore 038983
Tel: (65) 6337 9055
Fax (65) 6337 9722

Operating Hours:
11.30am - 3.00pm (Mon - Thur)
6.00pm - 10.00pm (Mon - Thur)
11.30am - 10.00pm (Fri - Sun)

No comments:

Post a Comment