Saturday, August 21, 2010

Café Le Chateau, Singapore

20 August 2010

It is always good to have a great dinner on Friday to end the busy working days. I preferred a restaurant with quiet and romantic ambient. It was even better if there was a candlelight on the dining table. Folks, it is pity that I did not have a girlfriend now to dine in such a restaurant. But think about it, it is better to dine alone, because I did not need to pay dinner for my girlfriend =P. My friend, HC, recommended a restaurant to me. It is Café Le Chateau at Valley Point.

Café Le Chateau is a French restaurant and the kitchen is headed by Head Chef Foo who was the former head chef from Café De Amigo. HC told me that Chef Foo did justice to French cuisine. I needed to go there to validate his claim.

The friendly restaurant manager greeted me and leaded me to my table with the menu on his hand. I went for the executive dinner set which consisted of Oyster Florentine, Seafood Chowder Soup, Lamb Rack and Apple Pie with complimentary cup of coffee.

I love the Oyster Florentine. It was so tasty. A bed of small pieces of spinach surrounded the oyster and the cheese was covered on top of the oyster then baked in the oven. The taste of the spinach was complement to the taste of the oyster. The cheese wrapped the two ingredients so that I could enjoy the tastes of the spinach and oyster at the same time. There was nothing special about Seafood Chowder Soup, I should ask for Lobster Bisque since the fans of the French restaurant love it very much.

The lamb rack was delicious. If I tasted the meat without any sauce, the taste was very mild. But when I tasted it with the sour mint sauce, the taste of the lamb was different. I still could remember the taste now. It was so good. The flavor of the sour mint sauce brought contrast to the flavor of the lamb rack. The sauce was not overpowering. It was slightly sour but I could taste the swentness of the lamb. The lamb was quite tender too. This dish is highly recommended if anyone of you want to go to this restaurant.

The apple pie was yummy. It was soft and sweet. The sweetness and the flavour of the vanilla ice cream enhanced the taste of this desert. The ice cream also gave the contrast between cold and hot the temperature of the desert, and this made this desert very unique. This desert is also highly recommended.





Address
Valley Point Shopping Centre
491 River Valley Road #01-16
Singapore 248371
Telephone: (65) 6737 7897

Opening hours: 11:30am – 2:45pm, 6-10pm (Closed on Mondays)

No comments:

Post a Comment