Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dallas Restaurant and Bar, Singapore


5 July 2010

If my memory serves me correctly, Dallas Restaurant and Bar was selected in HungryGoWhere.com for the best BBQ pork ribs restaurant in Singapore on the 8 April 2010.  Me, a pork lover, must justify whether the restaurant does justice to the pork, so I decided to pay this restaurant a visit. For this pork cuisine eat-venture, I selected a good friend of mine, SL, who is also a pork rib lover, to join me for dinner. I did not see him for a long time and I guessed it was time to meet him up for dinner.

Dallas Restaurant and Bar is located in the Boat Quay, near to Raffles Place MRT station. The restaurant is just beside Singapore River. Of cause, I chose a table near to Singapore River so that I could admire the night scenery of the river while I enjoyed my dinner. SL and I ordered two dinner sets of the fiery baby back ribs with salad, desert and coffee with addition of nachos.

First my salad was served. When I tasted the salad, it was good but not as great as the spinning bowl salad from Lawry’s. The nachos were served after the salad. To my astonishment, my starter was a bit too much for both of us. The nachos were also different from what I ate so far.  They were served with tomato sauce, melted cheese, chicken meat, beans and other ingredients. The nachos were rich in favour and they were yummy. I enjoyed this dished very much. It is a fusion of Mexican and Italian cuisine.

The main course, fiery baby back ribs, was served. When I tasted it, it was chewy and a bit juicy. However it was not fall-off-the-bone tender. The ribs were not spicy as I thought so. It was tasty, but not as great as the ribs from Tony Roma and North Border Bar and Grill. The ribs were not for everyone.  However from the reviews from HungryGoWhere.com, I discovered that there were some people had the fall-off-the bone and melt-in-mouth tender ribs from this restaurant and there were also others who had the same experience as I did. Perhaps the “quality control” from the chefs in this restaurant was not up to expectation. So I guessed there are times the ribs are really good and tasty, so I guess. I have to return back there to justify the restaurant is number one for baby back ribs in Singapore.

The desert was the bread pudding. It was tasty and sweet but SL and I was too full and forced to give it up.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank to my friend, Denise to accompany me to Tonkichi on 8 August and she gave me a treat at Cova. Denise, thank you very much and I hope you enjoyed the tonkatsu in Tonkichi and we should go out together for eat-venture some other times.

Address: 31 Boat Quay, Boat Quay Conservation Area
Opening Hours
Mon–Thu & Sat: 10am–2.30pm, 6pm–12am 
Fri: 10am–2.30pm, 6pm–1am 
(Closed on Sun)

1 comment:

  1. Dallas restaurant and bar in Singapore is excellent. You will love having to have food there

    Sports bars in Singapore

    ReplyDelete