Tuesday, February 1, 2011

La Petite Cuisine

28 January 2011

I am always excited whenever I go to La Petite Cuisine. This small French restaurant does justice to French and European cuisines that are reasonably priced and absolutely delicious. The ambience is also nice and casual, in my opinion. There is an area where I can dine outside of the restaurant surrounded by bushes and flowers. The bushes and flowers also partitioned the roads and the pavements; thus this makes dining absolutely enjoyable.

The service is “poor”. I had to go take my menu, order my food at the counter and get my own water there, just like Macdonald’s a few steps away from La Petite Cuisine. The service sounds absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely wrong because they do not charge me the service charge and I think it is reasonable. The head chef / owner of the restaurant is cute, friendly and absolutely charming with his curved mustache. He comes out occasionally and greets his customers. In my opinion, he looks like Mario from Super Mario Brothers Series. I call him Chef Mario in this blog.



I order the Pan Seared Foie Gras with Orange Flavour Sauce for my starter and Confit de Carnard (duck) for my entree. The Pan Fried Foie Gras is absolutely delicious. The sauce adds flavour to foie gras, the foie gras is well seared and it is well seasoned. It melts in my mouth and does not left grease in my mouth. It is absolutely cook to perfection. 

The Confit de Carnard is also delicious. The skin of the comfit is crispy and the meat is tender. In my opinion, it is not well seasoned. However if the comfit is consumed with the sauce, it is absolutely delicious.

I pay S$34 for my two-course meal. This restaurant does justice to Pan Seared Foie Gras with Orange Flavour Sauce. I think it is worth every penny for my two dishes and I will definitely return to La Petite Cuisine and visit Chef Mario after Chinese New Year, with my lovely friend, Yew Fen.

Address

10 Jalan Serene, #01-05
Serene Centre, Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment