Sunday, February 13, 2011

Vanilla Cheesecake with Caramelized Strawberries and Mandarins



Someone feedback to me that my Almond Tofu Pudding is too easy to make for Valentine's Day. So I made Vanilla Cheese Cake with Caramelized Strawberry and Mandarin for this special occasion. Although I am still single and unattached, I put in a lot of love and effort to make this dessert. I hope those gentlemen who read this post can benefit from my creation. This recipe is originated from Chef Gordon Ramsay, I made some modification to celebrate Chinese New Year at the same time by adding mandarin orange to this absolutely delicious dessert. This is a no-baked version cheese cake, absolutely easy to create this cheese cake.

Add 200g of cream cheese into a bowl with 2 teaspoons of vanilla flavouring, 3 tablespoons of icing sugar, juice of 1/4 lemon and 200ml double cream and beat until smooth. Spoon the cheese cream mixture into a mold ring and chilled it for 2 hours.

Add 2 tablespoon of sugar in a pan. Heat the sugar till they caramelize. Add in strawberries and mandarins (you can choose the fruits you like for this dessert) into the pan. Add in a splash of Creme de Cassis into the pan. Cook until the strawberries and and mandarins become soft.

Take out the cheese cake from the fridge. Add peanuts grinds to cover the top of the cheesecake. Remove the mold ring. Placed the strawberries and mandarins beside the cheese cake. Served.

Your ladies will love this dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment