Monday, July 12, 2010

Pasticceria Confetteria, Cova, Singapore

13 June 2010

It is not easy to get the Best Uncle award which is awarded by my favourite niece annually. I had to make this little three-year-old beautiful and chubby princess a happy lady. I promised her to get a toy lappy but I took more than six months to fulfill my promise to her. I am too busy with work, photography and study. I always travel around this world for projects and field services, and study in Singapore at the same time. I promised myself to complete my course by end of this year so that I can concentrate Allez Cuisine and photography next year. My niece was treating my gorgeous Macbook as her lappy. I guess I had to get her a lappy before she destroyed it. Coincidently the store where I got her lappy was in Paragon, where my favourite café, Pasticceria Confetteria, Cova was located.


Pasticceria Confetteria, Cova was founded by Antonio Cova who was a pastry chef of the Great Conqueror, Napoleon I. The first Cova was opened beside the famous La Scala Theatre in Milano, Italy. Chef Cova was an expert in pastries and coffee. Soon after the opening of Cova in Milano, the café became the talk of the town. Politicians, professors, musicians, actors and writers went there to meet up to discuss their work with the tasty pastries and coffee. A branch was set up in Singapore more than a hundred years later.

I always go to Cova Singapore, located in Paragon for coffee, pastries and coffee beans at least once a month. It is a good café to either meet up with your friends or spend alone for a quiet weekend. The ambience is classic and elegant. A wide variety of pastries are displayed for selection. Cova is famous for her Sacher cake, a Viennese traditional chocolate cake produced with a selection of the best South America coca mixtures. It is so good that I cannot think of any word to describe it. Folks, if you all are chocolate lovers, you will definitely fall in love with Sacher. I will get this cake as my birthday cake next year. Cova are famous for her cream puffs too. The best cream puff I had was the time I had my coffee appreciation session in Asian Food Channel Studio. The cream puffs from both Cova and AFC Studio were on par. They are again too good to be expressed in words. The cream is creamy and tasty. You will not get tired of it after you taste some cream puffs. More likely you will keep on eating. But watch out for your waistline, you will definitely “get hooked” by the cream puff from Cova.



Cova makes nice coffee too. The regular coffee from Cova is a mixture of seven different kinds of Arabic coffee beans from Mid America and Brazil and they are processed separately before mixing together to from the “Ultimate Taste” coffee blend. The percentage of each kind of coffee beans is well controlled. As the result the aroma, body and the acidity of the coffee is well balanced. I really like the coffee from Cova a lot. In fact I bought the coffee beans from Cova to grind them myself at Hippo HQ. I brew the grinded coffee powder using my French press. I can now enjoy the Cova coffee at home while listen to music, playing my xbox 360 games or even writing a new post for Allez Cuisine. Now I have stop going for Starbucks and Coffee Bean for coffee for my personal leisure.




Folks, bring your friends to Cova Singapore for afternoon tea, you will not disappointed by my recommendation. The dress code is smart casual to formal. If you are not following the dress code, you will look like an “alien” there.



Address:  290 Orchard Road #01-20A Paragon - Singapore

Source from: http://www.pasticceriacova.com

Note: Cream puffs from AFC Studio Singapore cannot be bought. You have to attend the courses and you may have it for your tea break, depending on the chef.



No comments:

Post a Comment