Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

3rd January 2013, La Barca Ristorante & Wine Bar

For this special occasion, my dear took one day annual leave to celebrate my birthday with me. Although I spent more than 25 years of my life in Singapore, I hardly know about the places in Singapore. All I know there was a Michelin Star Chef working there, and he was my superior's buddy. My superior recommended me this restaurant more than a year and yet I had not visited there. That day I was acting like a tourist and my dear was my tour guide of the day and we went Kwan Yin Temple in Bugis, Victor's Kitchen at Sunshine Plaza ( 91 Bencoolen Street #01-21) which serves the most amazing custard buns and dim sums and watch the most amazing Les Miserable which moved my tears. I will be going back to watch this absolutely touching and amazing movie with my dear next week.

At Victor's Kitchen

At La Barca

La Barca is one of the most amazing Italian restaurants in Singapore specialized in Tuscan cuisine. I need to check this restaurant since I specialized in Italian Cuisine. I wish to learn as much from the chefs by using my tastebuds. The ambient is cosy, elegant and quiet. Clasical music is playing throughout the restaurant, I really like the setting of the restaurant. Their service was those service you will be expected from any Michelin Star Restaurant.

Pan-seared Scallops with Cherry Tomato Confit and Balsamic Vinegar at La Barca

First Starter is Pan-seared Scallops with Cherry Tomato Confit and Balsamic Vinegar. Scallops are beautifully seared, with the reduced balsamic vinegar and cherry tomatoes, the taste was flavorful. Sweetness from the reduced balsamic vinegar, lightly saltness from the scallops and the lightly sourness of the cherry tomatoes makes this dish truly divine.

Salmon Fillet Stuffed with Seabass Fillet, Marinated with Lemon Oil at La Barca

Second Starter is Salmon Fillet Stuffed with Seabass Fillet, Marinated with Lemon Oil. The Seabass fillet is stuff in the salmon fillet and thin sliced, just like sashimi, simple yet delicious with the Lemon oil which was tasted like hollandaise sauce.

Traditional Fiorentina (Marbling 4) Served with Roasted Potatoes, and Cannelini Beans with Sage and Fresh Chilli Premium Grain-fed Beef from Rangers Valley, Australia, at La Barca

La Barca Salad – Iceberg Lettuce, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Green Olives, Hard Boiled Egg, Parmesan Cheese and Croutons at La Barca

Our Entree is Traditional Fiorentina (Marbling 4) Served with Roasted Potatoes, and Cannelini Beans with Sage and Fresh Chilli Premium Grain-fed Beef from Rangers Valley, Australia. This dish is just simply awesome and absolutely delicious. The awesome steak is served in medium rare and the waitress provided us a extremely hot stone plate for us to grill our meat if we want our meat to be cooked as what we what. The medium rare Fiorentina steak is just spot on. It was served together with the light La Barca Salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar with Salt and Pepper to complete our entree.

Complimentary Pastries which were created by La Barca Chefs for Birthday Boy at La Barca

Tiramisu on the specially plated for Birthday for Birthday Boy at La Barca

The orange scented Creme Burlee is perfect to complete for such fantastic mean. However La Barca served me the most amazing pastries and Tiramisu, as requested by my dear, for my surprise. To add on more surprise, she bought me NBA 2K13 so that I can use 1992 US Dream Team to kick 2012 US Basketball Team ass really hard; even though she was really sick and bought me this game on the rainy day. I am so touched by her effort. I rather she is healthy on that day than the game. I felt bad to mad at her that she did not know how to take care of herself before my birthday. She wrote a birthday card to me. She is a such a pretty, sweet, Malaysian lady. I love her very much! This year birthday is the best  birthday of my life.

 My Dear's Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment