Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mussels Marinaere

24 December 2012, Kar Wee's Home

Folks, I am back to this blog. I disappeared for around a year just to concentrate my career as an engineer. Of course during my MIA, I went to restaurants in LA, Singapore, China and Jakarta for fantastic cuisine. Sometime I feel that it is the best if I can cook like a chef. So I spent my free time taking course to learn Italian Cuisine and techniques. And now I would like to show my results. Well the greatest achievement for last year was not learning to cook like a chef, eating absolutely cuisine worldwide, but I found the one I love and she shares the same interests in dining, cooking and photography as I do. Now I am her personal chef.

(The above photo was taken by my best friend's wife, Cuilin)

I had the most delicious chicken dish ever and the best part was I cooked and I share with my friends in Christmas. Before that I cooked the most amazing Mussels Marinaere for them. Below is the recipe for the dish.

(The above photo was taken by my best friend's wife, Cuilin)

1 Onion (Diced)
2 stalks of Leek (Sliced)
3 stalks of Celery (Diced)
4 Garlic groves (Thin Slice)
500 grams Mussels (Fresh and Washed)
White Wine
Parsley (Chopped)

Firstly add olive oil to the pot, add onion and celery to cook till the onion looks semi translucent. Then add leeks and garlic groves and cook till the garlic starts to turn light brown. Add the mussels then the white wine and close the lid of the pots. Wait for a few minutes till the mussels open. After that put in the parsley and give a quick stir. Serve.

My friends love the white wine sauce more than the mussels. :-/ But the mussels are awesome as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment