Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our Valentine's Day; My Birthday

It's Me Again! :)

Valentine's Day is the day filled with love. Lucky, or not, it is my birthday! :) There are people who are really envious that I have such an interesting day as my birthday. Whereas, there are people who said that I will "lose out" as I only get 1 gift instead of 2....

But to be honest, who cares about hte number of gifts? Often, it is the thoughts that count.

For the past 26 years, I never really get the chance to eat decently at a restaurant on my actual birthday. Valentine's Day has become so commercialized, that it makes use of every chance to rip the couple off.

However, this year, my dear has willingly agreed to be "ripped off" & volunteerarily did so way in advance! :) He is indeed bad with surprises. But this is him. And he is sweet in his own unique ways. :) He made this birthday so unforgetable & our first Valentine's so memorable.

Checking out the website daily & communicating with the marketing folks regularly to ensure a booking is made..... I really appreciate that thought of his...........

So where do we have our dinner? It's the Sky Dining Valentine's Day Flight. :)





It is definitely an amazing experience to dine on the World's Largest Giant Observation Wheel. The scenery is spectacular. Though it was raining the whole day, the rain definitely did not dampen my mood.

On-board the flight with a 4-course fine dining menu, with bulter service inflight. The experience is definitely unforgetable.


Starting with Appertizer, the Salmon Salad, fresh & green.



Following with the refreshing hot Vegetable Soup that warms the heart.


Upcoming our main course, a Steak for him, while the Fish for her.



Not forgetting the dessert of the day. What can't be missing on a day like Valentine's? Of course it is the Chocolate cake.


As we watched the sunsets, with darkness casting the capsule, the night gets more romantic as it goes along. The best way to end a satisfying meal will be a cup of hot Tea & Coffee.


Wasn't expecting any presents as I know that this meal must have cost a bomb. But dear got me a really sweet surprise... with the lady's best friend!


He really knows me well.... with the ever classic design of a heart shape... I really love it so. :) But most importantly, when he shared with me the intention of getting this chain for me, with the thoughts behind it.... that really touches me. Yes, I have lost my last year's favourite bracelet with the pink crystal (people always says that pink crystal symbolizes love)... but I found YOU!



Just like these 2 bears which come in a pair.

And the failed surprise, which let's me know even better how much effort he has put in & the thoughts he has made for me. I know that he may not be the most detailed guy I have met... and this even proves the point of going to this extent for me. I really appreciate so.



And the nicest cake that was pre-ordered. Special Edition only for Valentine's Day. Thank you so much!



Thank you for giving me such a Wonderful & Unforgetable Birthday & Valentine's Day. Just because of a casual remark that I would like to be on the flyer, you made it happened! Thank you dear. :)


1 comment:

  1. Dear Jeraldine Kon,

    On behalf of the National Library Board (NLB), we would like to invite you to pledge your blog to the Singapore Memory Project as part of efforts to collect memories that are already manifested in existing online channels.

    The Singapore Memory Project (SMP) is a national initiative to collect, preserve and provide access to Singapore’s knowledge materials. Spearheaded by NLB, the SMP aims to build a national collection of content in diverse formats (including print, audio and video), to preserve them in digital form, and make them available for discovery and research.

    By pledging your blog to SMP, you are affirming that every memory matters. Whether your posts are an account of your daily life, or an expression of your thoughts, the SMP hopes to find a home for your memories so that it can help build towards an understanding of Singapore. You will also receive a badge that you can display on your blog in recognition of your contributions.

    Contributors to this blog pledging initiative will be listed on Singapore Memory portal’s blog pledging webpage. All blogs pledged to SMP will archived using NLB’s web harvesting software, in addition to images of each blog’s landing page.

    If you are keen to pledge your blog to SMP, simply fill up our response form at this following URL: http://singaporememory.simulation.com.sg/Public/Pledge.

    You may find out more about this initiative at http://www.iremember.sg/?page_id=2822.

    We are looking forward to your contribution.

    |Simulation Software & Technology (S2T) Pte Ltd 583 Orchard Road #14-02 Forum The Shopping Mall S(238884) w: www.simulation.com.sg

    ReplyDelete