Saturday, May 7, 2011

Best Fried Chicken on this Planet

23 March 2011, Les Sisters Southern Kitchen

Traditional Cajun cuisine was originated from Southern France. The British migrated to US and bring this cuisines to the French-Speaking Acadian who lived in Canada and then to Louisiana, USA. The people used the local ingredients, and integrated other style of cuisines together and fuse them to modern Creole cuisine. Both Cajun and Creole cuisines are considered as Southern Cuisine in USA. One well-known "chef" that specialized in this type of cuisine is the Masterchef US winner, Miss Whitney Miller, also known as Pastry Princess. I always follow her blog and she is very talented. She will be a great chef.

Les Sisters Southern Kitchen is amazing. It is located at the small town in California, Chatsworth. This restaurant served fantastic Cajun and Creole Cuisine. According to Zagat Survey, the scoring for food  is 25 and that is quite high. I assume this restaurant served cuisine that deserved such score.

I am always looking forward what I would be dined in the unfamiliar country and cuisine. After my work and training, I had my good friend, GPS with me to take me to the restaurant. As what Zagat Survey describes, the decor of the restaurant was a bit run down. The wall was full of certificates, awards and newspapers cuttings about Les Sisters Southern Kitchen. I was getting more excited for my first Cajun cuisine and hope the restaurant did justice to the cuisine
.
First my starters were Garden Salad and Fried Shrimps. The Garden Salad was fresh, colourful, vibrant and appetizing. My fried shrimps were crispy on the outside, tender and well seasoned in the inside. The oil absorption paper absorbed the oil from the shrimps, I ate them with the special chili sauce and the shrimps were appetizing as well.


Mine entrees were Chicken Jambalaya and Southern Fried Chicken. First the Chicken Jambalaya looked vibrant, spicy and delicious. This dish was well seasoned overall. The rice was cook perfectly, I was able to separate the rice grain by grain. Asian rice are usually stick and meshed, this was due to different of type of rice used by two regions. The chicken was tender, spicy, appetizing, juicy and delicious.


The Southern Fried Chicken was absolutely delicious. The chicken is tender and moist. This was because the chicken was marinated in buttermilk for several hours and then seasoned with salt and pepper and then coated with flour.  The fried chicken was perfectly seasoned. I personally think that this is the most delicious fried chicken in the world. This fried chicken is even better than those in KFC. I will definitely return to Les Sister Southern Kitchen and order this dish again


The service was good, attentive and friendly. The price of food was very reasonable with huge serving.

The address is 21818 Devonshire St, Chatsworth CA 91311     
Tel:(818) 998-0755

No comments:

Post a Comment